FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Deals" Forums - Preventing Members from Misposting
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:39 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We have moved your post to The Suggestion Box forum, as it’s actually a policy issue before it’s a technical issue..

Co-Moderator

I do understand your frustration, but the issue you mention is somewhat bothersome for every FlyerTalk member with subscriptions.

I’ve been moderating on FT 11 years, including serving as a Senior Moderator for the usual term of four years. As a result, I’m pretty familiar with not the FlyerTalk Rules come about. I sincerely doubt FlyerTalk would establish a seven day suspension for a misposting (often done by a new member), much less differing disciplinary consequences for a specific forum.

If a misposting was determined to be willful (very few misposting are deliberate and intended to be disruptive in my experience) and the member had no previous disciplinary action recorded, the first action would be a warning. For something as trivial as a misposting, that would likely be an informal warning or moderator advice at that, which is not considered a formal disciplinary action.

As to the technical aspects of a checkbox prior to posting to slow posters down and create awareness of where they’re posting,, that would likely have to be considered as a universal adjunct to all fora, and I’d prefer to let the Community Director state whether or not it would be under consideration.