FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta buddy pass etiquette?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:19 pm
Debra79

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
DL is not AA.

Relaxed, neat and clean dress is acceptable.

I believe that the new rules have been implemented and that if you're not travelling with the sponsor, you're not eligible for D1.

Checked baggage travels with you but carry-ons are easier and less error prone, especially with connections.

There was a public page on Delta that no longer seems to be available.

When you get to the gate, give the Gate Agent your Seat Request Card and then sit where you can see the GA and the GA can see you. Listen for GA announcements. Check the GIDS (Gate Information Display System) which should show you as a standby. If you see a change to assigned seat, you've cleared.

Talk to your sponsor and ask them all of your questions. They should be able to print a copy of everything you need in the way of information.

Remember, you're flying standby with no guarantee of a seat. Don't make firm plans or reservations, particularly non-refundable, that require you to be some place at a particular time. Have the financial resources to pay your way home or stay at your destination while you're waiting. think about alternative return routes. You may need your sponsor to change any reservations. Summer TATL travel is very heavy and there will be embargos for Buddy Pass riders to and from the most desirable places and 'easiest' locations.

You couldn't get me to fly a Buddy Pass TATL in the summer if it was free.

Good luck
It's a little late for the negativity since we leave Saturday, but thanks anyway? Lol We are only bringing carryons and have no reservations, so are prepared to be delayed. Unfortunately, I don't have the sponsors contact info, my friend does. Apparently they are a director or something, very busy, and she doesn't want to bother them more than absolutely necessary.