FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dogs in Club Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:34 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by miloworld
Being a pet owner and living in a non dog-friendly city, I absolutely envy countries where dogs could join their hoomans everywhere, like bars and supermarkets.

I get that not everyone's a dog lover but if the lounge has room, I would treat it like witnessing a noisy kid and relocate myself.
I'm neither a dog lover nor a dog hater but it seems to me that someone who brings their dog to a lounge or the public spaces of a hotel has made a decision, conscious or otherwise, that their personal interests outweigh the needs of others. Many people have fear of dogs because of past experiences, others worry whether the can they set their food down, still others have allergies, and even the best behaved dogs are ... well dogs. It's like smoking .... I don't care if you smoke in your single family home but when you start smoking in public space, you've made the decision your personal interests are more important than other. I hope lounges and hotels will prohibit animals except as required by law. Plus, the dog will be much happier in a pet hotel or being taken care of by friends and family.