FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued ABTC/APEC Business Travel Card: Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:12 pm
HKUSFLYER

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by xobile
Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier, but what do I need to prove myself as a 'bonafide' businessperson? Websites give no details (CBP one is ok, APEC one is atrocious in that it hasn't been updated since 2007-2012). Went through the online application process and it is ridiculously easy as I already had everything populated from my NEXUS approved application. Seems I only need to go into a Global Entry/NEXUS office to give an electronic signature? Wish that had been taken at the time of my NEXUS interview so I wouldn't have to go again into the interview office--easier for them and for me.
YMMV.......Renewal seems to be much easier as they have no way (or no intention) to track your travel within APEC.

My application has details on what countries I have been to, What position I am in the company (since they specifically mentioned some occupations as "No", others would likely be ok). I did it together with my GE on arrival to SFO. The process is separate and while I was asked again on my "interview" about the countries I have been to (which shows on your passport as she checked), a letter from the company is not required as supporting.