FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:28 pm
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
With all due respect, a bunch of $50 or less meetings do little good if they don't actually post properly because you've overwhelmed a single hotel. By the time it's been sorted out and you feel confident enough to scale it up, Marriott could have changed the rules.

Perhaps it's 100% luck, but it took me less than an hour to find multiple hotels with $75 ish rates that are bookable online. One has more than once reliably posted the 10 elite nights 2-3 days after the supposed meeting.
no, you're absolutely right, but at this point i may be stuck.

after my original in-person conversation with the GM where he assured me he'd post using the posting tool within a day or two, i figured i had it in the bag, and had a lengthy trip planned out of the country. the GM seemed to understand what i was going for and we have signed contracts, so i figured it was a done deal...and couldn't/didn't push hard enough early enough due to travel/time zones/30 minute wait time on the plat line. the GM didn't mention that someone above him needs to sign off on the points...that guy still hasn't performed, (he was apparently out of the country as well for awhile, but is supposed to be back now) and as i mentioned upthread, every time i call marriott, they open a NEW customer care case, but nothing gets resolved.

my budget for no-show meetings is in the $50 or below range, and i was trying to limit myself to my small town where i can actually appear at some of the meetings. the only other local potential property has the same owner/management company, so i may spend some time this weekend looking for other potential properties elsewhere.

i'll continue to update as it may help someone else.