FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:21 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
How many other chargebacks had you done on the card?

I don't understand how movie popcorn would be a chargeback candidate. What was the issue? The manager wouldn't handle it?

There's widespread chargeback fraud right now because people have figured out that many CC issuers don't even investigate chargebacks under $10 or $20; they just credit the account and move on. The banks caught on and are now fighting back.
It is not fair to start judging the OP on the dispute charge just because the amount is small.

It could be a duplicate charge. I would dispute it if it is a duplicate charge. One time at MIA parking when we went down for Global Entry, somehow our CC was charged twice for $6 parking. We disputed the duplicate charge. I dont see why if a charge is wrong that one should just eat it if the amount is small.

You go to the DCC thread in the Credit Cards forum, it is encouraged to dispute the DCC amount no matter how small it is, just on the basis of Principle. Both Visa and MC actually have formal charge back codes for DCC dispute.