FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MySQupgrade and long layover
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:58 pm
Ahmed777

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
MySQupgrade and long layover

Good day all

This will be my first time travelling SQ in years. I will be flying with my partner CPT-DPS with a layover in SIN from 0600 to 1630 on the outbound. I am grossly unfamiliar with SQ so any clarification would be very greatly appreciated.

1) I received an offer to bid for an upgrade on the CPT-SIN and SIN-CPT legs of the trip. Since this is a 14 hour flight, I thought it would be much more bearable in PE. The bid bar ranges from ZAR2110 to ZAR4635. Any idea what is the minimum bid that may be accepted? (Bearing in mind that we are travelling on a student budget!) I have put in ZAR2500 for both the outbound and return, but can change it if need be. My thoughts are also that if the flight is empty it would probably be comfier to be in Y since the armrests can be raised, which is why I am very 50/50 about raising my bid. I haven’t flown long haul Y in years so am very scared of 14 hours in it!

2) Any tips for the long layover in Changi? My idea is to go out an explore SIN and maybe grab lunch somewhere interesting? Will this be advisable?

Thank you guys for all the advice!