FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:35 pm
mgm

Row 20 Info

Flew JFK-LHR earlier this week. Row 20 does indeed seem to be true MCE seating. From what I could see there was plenty of legroom and if you are extra tall the bulkhead does not go all the way down to the floor. So there are spaces to tuck your feet into if needed,

My seat (22C) on the other hand was not a good choice despite having theoretically the best legroom. I got trampled on constantly by the guy in row 21 getting in and out of his seat every 30 minutes or so. I tried the trick of making my feet as visible as possible by wearing white socks, to no avail, lol. It seemed that even if I did not stretch out my feet this guy would still find a way to stomp on them. It’s also a tight squeeze for the cabin crew to manoeuvre the carts so I was knocked by them several times during the service.

My recommendation would be to get a seat in row 20 if you can. Failing that, the exit row seats in row 31. I would not recommend seats 22C or 22J.

Here are some pics:

20 A & C

Row 20 centre seats

22C - not recommended

Last edited by mgm; Jul 4, 2018 at 10:48 pm