FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:07 pm
shek3112

Think I'd better add my experience here.

I was on CX889 24 Jun (now i think it becomes CX865?) JFK-YVR- CX837 25 Jun YVR-HKG - CX659 27 Jun HKG-SIN - GA823 27 Jun SIN-CGK.
JFK-YVR-HKG is the return flight segment which I booked through an OTA, HKG-SIN is an award ticket using AsiaMiles (and I forgot to add the "free segment" to BKK!), and SIN-CGK is a separate one-way flight booked on OTA. Thus there are 3 PNRs.

At JFK airport the check-in agents were really helpful in trying to check me through to CGK, although both supervisor and manager were found for help. They checked that they do have interline luggage agreement with Garuda so they can generate all luggage tags here. Although finally they found out they generated 2 tags:
1. CX889-CX837-CX659-GA823 JFK-YVR-HKG-SIN-CGK
2. GA823 SIN-CGK
They were quite confused but the manager said that this may be due to security measure at SIN. So i may need to claim my luggage in SIN and re-check it.
As for boarding passes, they were able to print the passes for all my CX flights, but not the GA flight. Whole process took about 30 minutes though (luckily I arrived over 3 hours early to shop at JFK!)

Turns out that in SIN, I enquire the general transfer desk at T4 and she directed me not to clear immigration, but directly take the inter terminal bus to T2 and then take the airtrain to T3 to find the GA transfer desk. When arrived the GA transfer desk printed out my boarding pass after checking my document and visa, but told me to ask the gate agent for them to pick up my baggage (i was like... "what?!"). I think she saw my facial expression and assure me most likely they would have picked it up and transfer to the GA flight already. Long story short, at the gate they checked and told me my luggage has been transferred to the plane. The gate agent even told me that I would be eligible for 2 luggage as they would treat the transpacific segment on CX as the significant one! I only have 1 luggage though... So after not seeing my luggage for nearly 48 hours I was able to get it at CGK promptly after landing! That's quite amazing to me hahahahaha

Last edited by shek3112; Jul 4, 2018 at 10:10 pm Reason: Add extra info on PNR