FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:00 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mafiaa
I honestly think Chase just tried to close the card because after their annual review or whatever, they wanted to axe some unprofitable customers.
It does not matter. As soon as your account was involuntarily closed account after the chargeback, it is a potential ECOA violation.

If needed, I can elaborate how exactly this is an ECOA violation.

Originally Posted by blitzen
you lost me here. Closed in 2003 and bank ceased to exist 2008 > it is still in the credit record as closed by issuer what happened 2004+ is unrelated to the closed account
Per OP, that was what claimed by Chase.

Originally Posted by RNE
Chase was not necessarily aware of the closure at account opening. Might not have spotted it before now. Still, I'm with those who think that 2003 closure is an excuse at best. Something else triggered the shutdown, methinks. Also, is OP serious about the popcorn quip? Or pulling our legs?
Whatever triggered the current closure is the key. However, based on OP, the chargeback is what triggered the closure, which is exactly what the ECOA prohibits.