FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:26 pm
Basicyellow

Originally Posted by jcatman
As long as your international flight in First is the same day or before 6am the following day, you will have access to Flagship First Dining in Miami before flying to Dallas/Fort Worth (don't call it Dallas....) on that same day. Miami FFD does not open until 1pm.

If you go, please report back on the experience. We need more data points on what's going on in there.

well... this was a pretty big fail. MIA->DFW was first class on a 772, connection to DFW->LHR in first class on a 773. Flagship check in was totally confused and allowed me to check in and then proceeded to tell me after check-in that I should not have used flagship check in since my 773 flight departed from DFW not MIA. Not a great first impression.

recieved access to the Flagship Lounge (very nice space) but was denied Flagship First dining for same reasons... 773 flight does not depart from MIA. Denied even after they confirmed that the same offering is unavailable at DFW due to construction. again... poor inpressions

Overall, for a high ticket, paid first class international flight AA sorely lacks the ability to execute. I did send a tweet to AA customer service and they promptly replied that I should have been given access to both services... and that they would follow up with the airport team. Hopefully that happens... but not much good it does me.

I think BA offers the better experience at this point in first.