FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:17 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nkedge
I'm similarly concerned about Marriott somehow messing this up with the status matching. I'm SPG Plat linked to MR Plat with current expiration in 2/19. I called SPG to unlink and it was a 5-minute phone call, no problems. The SPG guy said I should also call MR to unlink on their end so I did, waited on hold for over an hour, and ultimately was told by MR they have no way to unlink.

So I guess I can just hope for the best -- it shows that it's unlinked on the SPG side for now at least. Waiting to apply for the RC card until I can confirm that the MR status has been reset, so fingers crossed here.
If you're MR Plat I'm not sure what you're concerned about. You're getting plat regardless, unless you're a 75K spending hoping to go to plat premier?

For the record, it unlinked on the SPG side for me after about 12 hours. Marriott is still linked. I call them this morning and they sent in a "work order" to have it unlinked. I'm probably just being overly paranoid here but since I just got the R-C card primarily to get platinum through to the end of 2019 I don't want any trouble.