Old Jul 4, 18, 7:15 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DealAddict View Post
Hmm, the sales manager told me they don't enter a contract number. She assured me I would get credit for individual meetings and she would be entering them every day... We'll see I guess.

Is the "group posting tool" software the same across hotels? Or is it more like a general term... Because they clearly enter those events somewhere and Marriott Rewards gets notified, I'm just a bit concerned she said they don't enter contract number / time?
Be cautious. There are two different processes in play here. One is the basic process that is used to post room stays and does not trigger the RE nights and there is the Group Posting Tool used to post meetings and block room contracts. There is no contract for the first whereas there "should be" (some report not having) one for their meetings. Many property staff are not aware of the different programs, I believe because the front desk is not the normal contact point when dealing with meetings. If the property meeting staff is clueless, ask them to contact their MR support team or reach out yourself to MR asking them for help.