FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has IAG suspended 'Combine My Avios'?
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:29 pm
johnwooz

Originally Posted by SMK77
I have a legacy account with Iberia and I successfully combined Avios in the past.

I also have a legacy balance (read: points acquired before 22 June) and I tried to combine my Avios shifting these legacy miles to British Airways. Unfortunately, the transaction did not go through.

I realized that IB might not be able to differentiate old and new miles and might just play some tricks. As I can redeem tickets out of my Iberia account, I then thought about just shifting my BA Avios to Iberia.

The story gets interesting when I received an e-mail from British Airways (!) that this service is currently "unavailable". Really? How do they know? And have a prepared message for me?

Looks like IB and BA agreed to suspend this for the time being so that there won't be any discussion whether IB's retroactive "special T&C" can exclude 'combine my Avios' or not.

Given that IAG owns both airlines I am pretty sure that this got WW's blessing and is an absolute poor show of Alex Cruz.
I thought they just suspended this function for everyone at the moment. I tried to topup my ib account by transferring avios from BA in order to redeem some premium class tix (instead of out from ib to ba which most ppl want to do), the transaction was failed. I tried to call BA cs and they help me to do so on their terminals, also failed (which seems surprised them as well). I even tried to do the transfers between ba/ib accounts owned by my elder bro (whom hasnt involve in any promotion, simply flew ba and ib in the past), same negative result.