Old Jul 3, 18, 1:20 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

I think it’s pretty clear, actually, that Marriott is ending the 10 elite night meeting bonus after the first meeting. You get credit for one meeting in the new program and that’s that. A very fair and appropriate solution IMO.
Clear from what? They have not made an announcement and they are using the same marketing language they presently use for rules that give ten nights credit for every meeting? So where is it clear that they are changing things? I understand some people want them to change and someone has said an internet blogger nobody can now name was told this by some unidentified person at Marriott, but looking at the facts it is not clear that Marriott is going to do this. I don't care if they do, and as a best practice people should err on the side of caution and have meeting completed by Aug 1 if they want the credit, but there is nothing beyond rumor on this. It has taken on a life of its own despite nobody being able to show anything other than an interpretation of marketing language similar to what has been used for at least eight years but with the word "only" added to the interpretation as proof that there is change coming.