FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:13 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wolfmiles
I hope this gets resolved, Ive been stock piling AS miles for a cathay trip to south africa in March and now there is no J options.
Awesome choice. I would visit CPT over JNB (CX starts nonstop service from HKG to CPT in November) and a Safari in the Kruger should not be missed. I was in SA in Jan/Feb. Flew CX JNB-HKG//HKG-BOS IN J/F. Incredible value for 70K. I paired that with an EK SFO-DXB//DXB-JNB in J. During the 26 day stopover I toured around SE Asia & Australia.

I booked CX J 4 to 3 months out. Originally there was only PE JNB-HKG but 2 J opened up and I grabbed them. Upgraded to F at T-11 days. Hopefully you will find some space which definitely seems to be more challenging since the CX changes.

Personally, I think CX & JL are overdue for a devaluation via AS. I can see it more inline with AA soon but still perhaps maintain stopovers on a one-way award. I have booked 6 CX F&J awards over the last 8 months. Good for CX F to Australia in Feb, returning JL F from Toyko in Mar. Doing a paid J&Y RTW MR and an 8-day Tahitian Cruise inbetween.

James