FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS curbside pickup
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:48 am
wds17

Programs: SPG
Cool

Originally Posted by sbm12
Other than getting in the way of other travelers this really isn't different from sitting in the cell lot until the pax calls as they walk off the plane.
Haters gonna hate! My pax call as they land and I am sitting on my couch at home. I live 8 minutes from Logan. By the time I get through the tunnel, pax are walking off the plane and through the terminal. As I enter the airport and if I am running ahead of schedule I kill some time and drive slowly through Terminals A and B arrivals, going the prescribed 10 MPH. I always look for pedestrians and stop if they are in or about the enter the crosswalk. If I need a little more time I will pull over and wait at the end of the Terminal B loop - away from any other passengers so I do not disrupt / get in the way of anyone else. Once I get the "walking out" text I swoop into Terminal C and time it just right so we both get to the curb at the exact same time.

I have never once been chased away by a Statie as they routinely do to Terminal C curb hoggers. The cell phone lot is for amateurs who come down the New Hampshire and wait there and have a picnic lunch.