FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the likelihood... [of Belgrade flights returning to the schedule?]
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:50 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
I confess, I've not been on the Wizzair flights.

Fair point about KBP, but surely the other two have differing visa situations to Serbia. Estonia is a full EU member and Croatia has pre-accession status, doesn't it? I'll admit I don't fully know what that means for Croatian nationals visiting the UK.

The old BA flight schedule was something approaching ideal. Earlyish departure from LHR getting you into BEG in time for a capable lunch in Zemun. Lunchtime departure from BEG allowing for a casual breakfast before heading to Surčin.

Yes Croata is VISA free and it applies both ways ( aslong as the Croatian National isn't coming to the UK for work). Bosnia Herzegovina technically requires UK visitors to have a visa however I took a day trip on a coach from Dubrovnik to Mostar in May & while transiting through the 2 border posts / 4 checkpoints no stamps were added to our passports although they were to the 5 Australians in our party. We even asked if we could have the stamps but neither the Croats or B&H border guards seemed to have much of a sense of humor at any of them & it was a firm no.

I am unaware of how efficient the Serb VISA system is as haven't been there but it's often a factor for travellers. Using the US as an example If you need and ESTA then it's pretty painless but as someone who always needs a US VISA it's expensive, very time consuming & annoying & if I didn't need to go then I wouldn't bother. I think there is a bit of wiggle room / 'fluid application' of travel requirements for all the ex YUGO countries to a degree( we heard numerous examples of the EU turning a blind eye & experienced it ourselves as per above) but of course airlines have to go with the official line.