FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Japan Baseball tickets
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:09 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by angra
I'll be a bit contrarian and say that which one is more fun depends more heavily on personal tastes than what most imply.

Swalllows have a much more nostalgic, smaller, old-school, minor-league sort of feel to them. Outdoor stadium. Home cheering section is general admission, I think.

Giants are a more intense fanbase, a stadium with more amenities, indoor stadium. Assigned seating in the cheering section. I think easier/better transportation connections.
I agree with this, except that the Swallows may be easier to get to if they are staying in Shinjuku. I guess I'm not too fond of their stadium though according to my own rankings here: jphripjah reviews Japanese baseball stadiums

I'd highly recommend Yokohama Stadium. It's only 25 minutes by train from central Tokyo, and Yokohama is well worth seeing anyway and would be a good place to take a wife. Nice waterfront, Doll Museum, Cup Noodles museum(?), Red Brick Warehouse shopping complex, lovely old Western buildings in "the Bluff" area etc. Very pleasant walkable area outside the stadium. Far less hectic than Tokyo.