FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat belt sign and bell activate 10-12 times at one second intervals?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:14 am
gcuk

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Seat belt sign and bell activate 10-12 times at one second intervals?

Flew back from Milan on Friday with family after short break. Very busy flight for 3 cabin crew members with 7 rows of CE although rows 6 and 7 not occupied.
About half way through the flight the seat belt light illuminated and the bell rang 10-12 times in close succession and the seat belt signs then remained on.

It caused quite a bit of concern in the cabin as no-one knew what to expect. I've not experienced it before. Nothing was said by cabin crew or pilots but the cabin crew member working in CE closed the curtain and spoke to the pilots on the intercom at the front. A short while later he entered the cockpit. Thereafter the seat belt light was turned off.

When I was leaving the plane, I asked one of the cabin crew what the seat belt sign issue was about but was told simply 'it was nothing to worry about'.
I'm guessing it was a simple as the pilots' coffee hadn't been delivered. Any other thoughts?