FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 D1 Suite PS + Comfort+ retrofit consolidated thread
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:57 pm
MCO Flyer

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RaflW
Delta has also decided to 'go big' on the P.E. cabin seat count (though not seat width on the A350 alas). Six rows of P.E. is double what AA has on their 772. The decision to 'right-size' J and provide a fairly large P.E. cabin suggests to me that Delta wants to protect per-seat revenue in J, and recognizes that they probably saw good early returns on the PE yield on the A350. I wonder in the next recession if DL will eek out better numbers than UA which may regret such big J cabins?
DL J cabins keep getting smaller and smaller. Most 763s are now 26J with the rest to be converted soon or be retired, the 764s are supposedly getting D1 suites which will definitely lower the # of J seats, and the 777s have gone from 44J to 37J and now all the way to just 28J. I definitely think DL is trying harder than ever to make sure every pax in D1 is paying and not using an instrument UG or having non-rev parties up in D1.