FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buzzfeed: Ziosk ratings can cost servers hours or even jobs, although not that fair
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:37 pm
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by kipper
I usually just skip the survey. After I pay, I don't want to answer 20 questions.
Surveys with low participation have a natural negative bias. Well before Ziosks or the Internet there was the saying in business that a very happy customer tells 3 people, a merely satisfied one tells no one, and an unhappy customer tells 10 people.

Amazon is currently going through that for their feedback system for third-party sellers, BTW. Participation is extremely low (much lower than eBay), so it's not really a statistically valid measurement in a lot of cases. Yet Amazon is trying to use it that way even for sellers who might do 200 sales and get less than 5 feedbacks a month.

(They also got such bad feedback for their own unit, Amazon Warehouse Buys, that they stopped displaying it, leading to howls of preferential treatment)