FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inaugural Washington Dulles Flight
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:47 pm
FFMilesJunkie

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by langleyoaker
Volaris Costa Rica inaugurated service to IAD last month and Virginia's governor and DC's mayor attended along with airport officials:

https://airlinegeeks.com/2018/05/17/...er-for-dulles/

Timing for the Volaris flight is even later than the CX flight, with a 11:35 p.m. arrival into IAD and a 1:52 a.m. departure.

Based on that I think chances are pretty good something similar will take place for CX especially since CX serving IAD is of much higher significance.
This is encouraging. We were flying to Asia anyway around this time so thought It might be fun to fly on the inaugural IAD-HKG Flight. We were probably going to fly QR which has a little better J service but decided to give CX a shot to try something different and perhaps get a little fanfare on departure. Now, if QR has an amazing biz fare sale in the next couple of months I might be convinced to cancel and rebook on QR!

I found a couple youtube videos of inaugural flights on CX (returning to HKG) and it looks like they try to make it a little special. The Washington area airport authority is making a big deal out of this route so I imagine there will be some effort to hype it up.