FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:13 am
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, I do recall seeing "first night" being used for quite some time. The real issue here is if it is "first night only" that gets the 10 nights and then one night each meeting.
That is precisely the question. I agree that there is nothing in this language to give us direction either way.

My pessimistic reading is based not only on the "first night" language, but the addition of the 1 elite night per 20 room nights language. If they are going to continue to give 10 elite nights credit for all Rewarding Events bookings, I'm not sure why they need to sprinkle additional elite nights on us. To me, this addition makes sense in a world where they are tightening up the 10 elite nights per event policy.

The best argument that I can see against my pessimistic interpretation is that limiting the 10 elite nights credit to the first Rewarding Event seems complicated to implement. Would it be 10 for your first event ever, or 10 for your first event of the year, or 10 for your first event at the property in question? Will the salesperson have to check to see if you have received the 10 nights credit previously before setting up your contract? Will the system be automated?