FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do airlines keep a list of potential organ donees in need of priority for a seat?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:59 am
sweetsleep

Programs: AA Gold Elite
I highly recommend that the friend consider getting a membership in MedJet Assist! It is only a few hundred dollars but if/when he/she can be admitted to a hospital close to home they should be able to arrange private jet service to get him/her to whichever transplant center has the organ(s).

There are other emergency medical transport companies that offer memberships as well.

But I would make sure that being on a transplant list is not an exclusion for membership. Just trying to provide additional suggestions for easy transport.
I may be wrong but I thought that patients on a transplant list would have access to immediate air transportation when/if the need should arise.
This may be a long shot but I would investigate whether or not they would do this for a known transplant patient on the registry.

Again, I hope the friend is able to have a successful outcome. Prayers with him/her!!