FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:50 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, it's frustrating when you run into people that don't know the program, but even worse when you hit someone that won't even bother to go look. I remember seeing an email address specifically for Marriott Rewarding Events, but don't remember what it was. You might try scanning some of the posts here to find it. Having two programs with the same name (or two aspects of the same program) just adds to the confusion for those that are not up to speed and the norm is to say NO.

Rumor has it the new program will limit you to 10 nights for the first meeting and then one night each after that, so not much to do there. But if the property is particularly convenient to you, then pushing a bit might be worth it. Good luck.
the 10 nights elite credit was never going to be a deal breaker for me....i'm going to be lifetime platinum premier in the new program & easily do over 100 nights a year....so not getting the 10 nights after august makes no difference to me....the problem is multiple followups to get the points to post & not getting the elite nights after being told that i would....this leaves a bad taste in my mouth & i don't want to deal with a property that behaves this way....