FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:13 pm
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
There is nothing new here. This is the language that has been used in the present marketing materials for quite some some and members still get credit for ten nights with each meeting per the T&Cs. A blogger has said that someone from Marriott told him that was going to change but until the new program T&Cs are released or Marriott makes an announcement nobody know for sure. Nothing in the language you quoted says nights credits are ONLY for the first meeting and, again, it is the present marketing language used wherein the member gets the credits for all meetings.
Can you show me where you see that language? This is the current language I see:

https://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...els/rewards.mi
It makes no mention of 10 nights for the first event. As a result, I am inclined to think that they are closing this loophole. Folks will still be able to earn lots of elite nights through booking meetings, but only if they book lots of rooms.

One additional data point to support this is that I have never received nights in addition to the promised 10 when booking an event, even though I am usually booking at least 30 room night. If this language has been here in the past, I have been cheated out of the additional elite nights due for my room nights.

Last edited by lexdevil; Jun 28, 2018 at 7:58 pm