FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish : MNL- most US destinations $1,676 RT
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:30 pm
Explore SE Asia

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gu_cao
Are you looking for status, or best earning possible?
You can check https://www.wheretocredit.com/ for the earning table.
Personally for me I am not associated with *A anymore (0 on UA, AC, A3 now). I am planning to credit the flights to AV (150% miles flown) as AV has pretty decent mileage purchase promotions to top up for future redemptions.
I will have to check out that option. I signed up with Asiana when I was looking for *gold status. I think it is a great way to earn status.

My circumstances have changed. I will be booking business class fares and business class awards. I will be getting most of the ff status benefits by flying business. My priority is earning miles that can be easily/cheaply converted into business class awards. I only care about status if it impacts earning/spending miles.

The ability to top off the account via a credit card or mile purchase is very valuable. Avianca is an interesting possibility, given the ability to purchase miles.

PS I wish this fare would return so I could be faced with choosing where to credit the miles.

Last edited by Explore SE Asia; Jun 27, 2018 at 3:38 pm