FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:00 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I had a meeting a bit over a week ago where they sent me an email right afterwards saying that my 300 points are on the way. When they didn't show up as of this morning, I emailed back, and asked if they used the Group Posting Tool, and they said yes they do, but it requires approval from the General Manager before it posts, and apparently they were waiting for that GM approval. (They said they hope to get that resolved today.)

So I'm not clear how many people at the hotel may have to "touch" the Group Posting Tool (one person submits, another person approves?). And this shows that because of hotel procedures, there can even be delays at hotels that do use the Group Posting Tool.
I had no experience booking meetings before this year. In my limited experience this year, once a hotel enters a booking you should receive an email from [email protected] and the nights and points should post promptly after.