FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:08 am
pallhedge

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
OP here - yes its the ritz blogger touted trick scenario. I'm skeptical that is the case for shutdown.

The letter received from Chase explicitly states the reason for shutdown is "too many recent accounts" (which I do have from other banks).
One of the frustrating things about this thread in particular is the missing details when people come here to post their stories. Very often it starts with "Chase closed my accounts even though I did nothing wrong..." and eventually leads to "Well, yeah, I did this, this and this..." which are obvious reasons for being shut down.

You didn't mention the IHG application on this thread--that's a big detail to leave out. I agree that the Ritz trick was probably at most a small contributing factor in your case, but it should have been mentioned too. If we're going to crowdsource info in threads like this, lay it all out there and let history decide why you got shut down. Leaving out details because you don't think they matter isn't helpful.