FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from my seat
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:37 am
armouredant

Programs: BA GGL
Myself and my ex had a similar situation a couple of years ago. Reserved the front row of Y for the LHR-JFK leg on an ex-AMS. Were unable to check in online, and when I called, they told me to sort it at AMS. Check in at AMS told me to sort it at LHR. Check in at LHR told me to sort it in the lounge. The lounge told me to sort it at the gate. The gate told me that boarding had already begun, and that people had paid to select those seats now, and might already be in them. Our new seats were in the middle of Y, surrounded by a large, loud family. I got up and spoke to the CSM during boarding, and explained the situation to her, who didn't seem at all surprise that everyone else had made it someone else's problem, and now it was hers. She told us to sit tight until boarding was done, and that she'd see what she could do.

Just after boarding complete, another CC came over, picked us up, and moved us to two seats in W. The CSM had bumped a W pax up to J to make room for us. We were very grateful - just a shame it had taken a day of chasing BA for it to get sorted, eventually.