FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miami Connections
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:13 pm
chrisnj

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin
Miami Connections

Booked online with BA in CW on a LHR->MIA->MCO flight. The connection for the MIA->MCO flight is only about 1hr35 which from previous experience of connecting at MIA from a London flight might be pushing it a bit. On this flight we'll be travelling hand baggage and we have Global Entry so normally the passport and customs bit can be quite quick for us. From what I remember though at MIA we had to come right out of the airport and go back in again for our connecting flight and it was the security queues getting back into the domestic terminals that took the time. Wasn't a problem then as we had a 3hr connection.

So my question is did we do wrong leaving the exiting and going back through the main security line again? i.e. is there a transfer security bit we missed last time that will speed things up. Also if the airline has allowed us to book these tickets as suggested by the online booking tool, if we miss the connection will they automatically try and get us on the next flight? I believe there is another AA one 2hrs later which I can see on google flights but the BA website when booking didn't give me the option of that one when I booked.