FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Dairy, No Gluten, No Food?
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:05 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Does the egg aversion also include crustless quiche/frittata type options? I usually do an Asian type quiche where the dairy is substituted with broth. I also use firmer veggies such as pre-cooked potatoes, spinach, corn and broccoli so they don't fall apart as easily without the help of any cheese to bind. It's similar to the egg pucks that they have in Starbucks but without the dairy. Most of the time I just chop up dinner leftovers, maybe add more spinach, top with the egg-broth mixture and then put them all in a medium oven-proof dish and either steam in a pressure cooker or bake in the oven. Then slice into small bite-sized squares or use a muffin pan if you prefer the round shape.

For dairy-free, gluten-free options I find it easier to think of dinner for breakfast instead of traditional breakfast items. For example, rice balls filled with homemade breadcrumb-free meatballs, or potato balls/patties filled with the same.