FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Momondo committed suicide by ditching Flight Insights and "via" airport choice
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:52 pm
cork

Momondo committed suicide by ditching Flight Insights and "via" airport choice

Momondo recently got rid of two fantastically powerful tools which means now it's no better than any other site. This is so stupid of them, I hope they go out business. Idiots.

The really incredible one was called Flight Insights (do a search to see screenshots of how awesome it was) which showed how the prices on your route vary by time of year, day of the week, time of day, number of days booked in advance, and airline. So you might see, for example, that you route is cheapest in the evening, and on Tuesdays, and in April, so you know to go for any of those if possible. Or there's not much difference if you buy anywhere from 5 to 11 weeks in advance so you don't need to focus on that.

No other site has anything remotely comparable, and now it's gone.

Also they got rid of the ability to choose which cities you want or don't want to change planes in, which also was absolutely essential for me. Delta has this on their site; I don't know who else does. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Momondo!