FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spain & Portugal
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:54 am
SimpleManToo

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Cool Let me Clarify.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Yes both Portugal and Spain are amazing countries to visit. Their shared and separate histories, cultures and languages are very interesting.

But you don't have any idea about dates - shoulder season is not a term that is used widely in Europe. (So you can learn this would be the beginning before or after the end of High Season for Travel)

Nor do you have any real idea about where you want to visit or what you want to do when you get there? ( I would fly over and take the train within spain seeing Mad, Barcelona, Malaga and other suggestions and then moving on to Portugal and am looking for ideas on places to see in both countries)

Restricting yourself to a particular hotel chain will also restrict your options for places to visit - have you even looked at the places they have hotels located? ( Of Course I have, Marriott has tons of properties in Spain and I wanted input from people who had stayed at them, It is why I asked in the first place)

You could easily spend 14 days in Portugal let alone Spain. (Agreed but 14 days is all we have to spend so I am trying to intelligently break up the days as some are going to be for travel alone like a night train possibly into Portugal)

(Does this make my questions any clearer to you?)

You really need to do some basic research first.
[Moderator edit.] I have done extensive research and now am trying to boil down to some specific from people who have visited both locations

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 25, 2018 at 12:54 pm Reason: Per FT Rule 12 to discuss the topic, and not members in a personal way.