FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is the UA interline agreement with DL dead?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:07 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Lefleur
I had a specific Delta routing (there were actually several ) that I offered up as options when I encountered this.

Perhaps it's a MP status thing?
My guess: DL options are to be considered last due to the higher cost, but it's not an absolute no. However, if there's a viable/practical option on UA, then they would not rebook you on DL.

Originally Posted by asquare
Can't find a similar website for United, but Delta certainly believes they have an interline agreement.
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...nts--iet-.html

A few years back, Delta cut back interlining with a lot of people, including cutting off American Airlines completely for awhile, but recently restored Delta-AA interlining. I don't recall if it changed with United at all, but I assume these things are reciprocal, such that if Delta pushes to United, it would also be able to go the other direction. As to whether booking on an OAL is restricted by status, I would assume that there are internal rules around when an OAL flight is offered and I'd be surprised if status was not one of the factors. Last year, I flew at least 2 Delta segments when my flights were delayed so much as to make it the only option to get to a destination because I would misconnect.
re: DL-AA - it's not a full interlining - rebooking is only available during IRROP.