View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 18, 12:32 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Fc912 View Post
When we checked in on Wednesday they told us 40%, it has picked up a little since Friday (noticed a few groups I’ve not seen) so I guess 5-60% now?
Originally Posted by Fc912 View Post
I agree with everything that has been said recently; this is a great property and probably the most “Aman”-like out of the four North American (including Caribbean) properties.
I'm beginning to think that "most Aman-like" almost requires the property to be at lower occupancy. I've repeatedly insisted that the reason why some of the most celebrated Asian Amans have such great records of sterling service is actually because they were always at 30-50% occupancy--including all of our stays in Asia over the past 10 years. It's a lot easier to deliver personalized service when your property is at half occupancy.

I'd argue that Amangiri, with some of the highest, if not the highest, average occupancy of any Aman property in the world, is more Aman than even the Asian counterparts. Our stay at Amangiri was at 100% occupancy--and we still loved it. I think that's why we place Amangiri higher in our estimation than so many others. Reviews may be suffering from false equivalency.

I suspect many of these "more Aman-like" properties operating at well less than full occupancy wouldn't be nearly "as Aman-like" when they are closer to 100% occupancy.

OTOH, I’m delighted to know that when Amanera is at lower occupancy—as would be expected now during hot and muggy hurricane season—the service and experience is to such a wonderful standard.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jun 23, 18 at 12:53 pm