FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barc cashed my MO meant for another bank
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:54 pm
NeGourmand

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by zephear0
Hi -

Seeking some advice here. Long story short, a couple of months ago I mistakenly mailed a ~$1000 moneygram MO written payable to @mèx and with my @mèx payment slip to B@rcl@ys and it was somehow successfully deposited and cashed by B@rcl@ys with the following endorsement on the back of the MO (I requested the photocopy from Moneygram for $18) "Absence of Endorsement Guarantee", which I am not sure if it means anything at all. B@rcl@ys cashed the MO but obviously had no way of crediting my B@rcl@ys account.
So what do you think I should do here? Obviously two options:

1. Call B@rcl@ys and ask them to look up the cashed MO by the MO number. Have them refund me by check or credit my B@rcl@ys credit card. This will obviously set off alarm bells once they look at my account activity, which will show I mail them MO's and Billpay a combined $20K a month for the last 5 months. This in my opinion, could very well trigger shutdown of all of my as well as my wife's B@rcl@ys cards, for which I MS about $25-$30K a month in total.

2. Play the long game and eat the ~$1000.

Would appreciate any advice. Any way that you see that will allow me to somehow get the ~$1000 back without potentially triggering shutdown?

Thanks.
Can you use it normally for 2 statements, then inquire about a missing payment from a couple months ago, and provide the MO number/info? Eating the $1000 would be higher cost than not MSing 20k for 2 mos.