FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS Routings vs LAA Routings
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:41 pm
AAway

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
LUS Routings vs LAA Routings

Because I live in Dallas, I have flown exclusively on AA for many years. As such, the one-off LUS flights I take interest me because it's almost like flying another airline.

One of the differences I've noticed is how LAA routes their planes vs LUS. I'll use a 32B vs a 321 as an example:

N929AA (LAA 32B) - since 6/19 has flown DFW-ORD-LAX-BOS-DFW-LAS-DFW-SMF-DFW-SEA-DFW-SAN-DFW-SAN-DFW
N542UW (LUS 321) - since 6/19 has flown MIA-PHX-CLT-LAS-CLT-MCO-DFW-LAS-CLT-BOS-PHL-MCO-PHX-SAN-DFW-SEA

LAA generally "bounces" planes back and forth from the same hub whereas LUS planes seem to "dance" around the network serving multiple hubs in a short period of time. It seems clear to me that LAA and LUS have different strategies for routing planes. Which of these strategies do you think will survive once the metal and FA's are completely integrated? Also, when will the metal and FA's be fully integrated? I must also add that I appreciate the consistency from the LUS crew - it's not the most polished or friendly, but it's consistent, and they seem to follow company policies and standards more consistently than LAA (such as PDBs and free alcohol in MCE).