FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:19 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was in the SFO Polaris lounge recently. Overall opinion...IMPRESSIVE.

The space is large and there is a great selection of seating.

The buffet had the best selection I've seen in a business class airline lounge in the U.S. There were a good number of staff in nice uniforms making sure dishes and food were refilled at the 2 main food stations, as well as keeping things clean.

The showers were great and the pre-warmed towels were really nice. There is decent counter space as well as a good sized bench with a solid white top, on which one can sit or place a bag etc. A nice touch is the full-length mirror on the back of the door.

The only issue seems to be the water - the sink water was burning hot and not much fun to brush teeth with. It started off as balanced but became hot within a few seconds. Since these faucets are sensor-based without taps, it should really be addressed.

The shower had a perfectly functional temperature dial, so all was well there.

A hidden gem of quiet was the downstairs area. There is also a nice selection of seating, restrooms, a water/ juice/ coffee/ tea station with a few snack items on the side. I was really happy to get a bit of time in the nap or quiet room.

I also liked the UA staff person at the long desk on the upper floor. Very helpful.

Here are my photos.

I really liked the variety of the artwork and other displays.

A cool feature are the charging outlets at the bottom of this seating on each side.

This is one of the seating areas downstairs.

What is great about these workstations is that you have enough space to put your laptop bag or backpack on the seat next to you, and the lighting was good. The only small issue is that I found at least one of the charging sockets was not working.

This station is towards the back, before the showers and nap rooms.

The bar on the upper floor.

One of the food stations at the buffet.

The other one.

The sign said Noodle Bar. Toppings were next to it.

There were a variety of salads, sandwiches and some dessert items.

The hallway where the showers are located.

The nap/ quiet room area

The Dining Room on the upper floor.

Their version of the Cobb Salad was just great. Dressing was served in a small cup on the side.

Burger was fantastic.

Others sitting nearby let me take photos of their food choices.

Crab Cake - presentation was beautiful

Cioppino

Profiterole - also beautiful presentation