FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:51 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
I never booked the TLV flight but I don't believe KARFA when he states he didn't know it was a mistake fare.

He knew all about this one below and he had no hesitation in purchasing it knowing full well it was a mistake!

YET ANOTHER Bratwurst mistake price!!!!!
Haha you got me!

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The times posted at 9 hours ahead of the UK and the details of booking class were in the thread at 00:17

I find it very hard to believe that you had no thought that it was an error
Again having a thought it might be error doesn't meet the test, it is whether I knew or ought to have known. When I booked i honestly wasn't sure whether it was a mistake or a well priced sale, yes I did think it could be an error but I also did think it could be a well priced sale. I was genuinely unclear at the time. I agree had I known what the selling class was when booking that may well have lead me to believe it was an error, but I didn't know.

Originally Posted by gms
You posted to this thread at 11.47pm on June 11th! Yet you claim you had not read or opened the thread before booking

I feel sorry for someone who genuinely just came across the fare and booked it. Those who booked after reading a "mistake fare" thread on Flyertalk (or elsewhere) should just accept they tried and failed, and move on.
Aha, I must have opened the thread shortly before I booked then, as I say thought the thread when it was first posts had a title of "Mistake fare LHR - TLV?" which has subsequently been changed so there was some doubt by those posting whether it was an error or a sale, and I didn't have any more information which led me to a conclusion either way prior to booking.

I am not being contrary just for the sake of it, neither have I a reputation of lying or making stuff up on here or generally in life so I am not quite clear why some have taken my comments as a prompt to launch their own interrogation in order to "catch me out". I am telling you what I knew and what I felt when I booked it. I agree that something like the Viking (£350 in J OSL-US) or Bratwurst (F from Germany to KUL for £750) were clearly errors to me and when I booked I believed they were errors - I have stated this on those fare threads before. This fare clearly isn't the same in terms of the pricing being much different to other fares offered on the LHR-TLV route and when I booked I honestly didn't know whether it was a mistake or a sale, could have been either to my mind, I certainly didn't know and can't say I ought to have known it was a mistake. As noted, if I have known the booking class I think that would have made me know it was a mistake since I do understand what booking classes are, but I really didn't know and the first I found out it booked in to B was when looking at it on BA MMB.