FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:51 am
itsmeitisss

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA

bear in mind selling classes were not shown on momondo or omega (where I booked) and even as a semi-sophisticated traveller like me only found out the booking class when looking at it on BA MMB after booking. Selling classes were mentioned in this thread part way though but not initially.

Fare class first discussed about 90 minutes after OP. Post 24, so it was pretty early on. I think people on here knew it was a mistake fare.

Only trouble is that they forgot the first rule about fight club...it was too widely publicised, and obviously not just here. People say it wasn't that cheap, but there were quite a few booking it because it was that cheap and booking when they previously had no intention of going to TLV and organising a do.

If it was only a little cheaper than I would consider normal fare, or even just a normal sale fare, I wouldn't be rushing to book a route I hadn't considered the way many were on here and I don't think it was all that different elsewhere either.