FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:59 pm
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
correct , no TWOV if you make internal flight in PRC.
That is incorrect. TWOV is still possible for routings that include domestic connections - but in such cases the restriction is no more than 24 hours total inside China (and I think also a maximum of two internal flights).

Apologies to ElJudioErrante Just double checked by looking at Timatic, and it does look like the "24 hours/multiple stops inside China" TWOV option is no longer allowed. I wonder when that changed. Will investigate further ...

Follow up ... It seems that China now offers a (free) "Transit Visa on Arrival (TVOA) to cover at least some routings that previously would have been covered by the "TWOV 24 hour/multiple stops" allowance. This is fairly new so not many reports on FT about this yet. but it looks at least that it will be okay for the question raised above (i.e arrive from HKG into XIY and leave from PEK to USA with a domestic connection inside China and less than 24 hours between arrival into XIY and departure from PEK). More details in the Destinations/China TWOV/TVOA thread - latest post here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29634062-post4270.html

Last edited by GinFizz; Jun 21, 2018 at 12:25 am