FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pls assure me I did the right thing in trying to book 2 points nights in Switzerland
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:36 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredandkell
Hi all, I'm a fairly advanced Marriott and Hilton Honors rewards booker, but the BW site is a bit touchy. This is my first time trying to get free rooms with them so I want to do it right, esp. since it's an international booking.

OK, a few months ago I booked one room at the 32,000 point level. At the time, I had I think 50,000 points. It did not deduct the points from my account. I then read on here that this is normal - BW doesn't usually deduct the points until you stay, right? So I went ahead and booked the second room at the 32,000 point level.

Fast-forward until today - I now have the 64,000+ points that I need to get these two free rooms. Am I correct in that all I have to do now is show up at the Best Western and I'm good? Or, do I also need to order a couple of these Free Night Voucher things from the BW site? Can someone explain to me if a free night voucher is different than an online points reservation, or if it's just step #2 in the online points reservation?

Thanks!
You do not need to order any voucher. Just make a printout of your reservation(s). just in case, and then show up.

BW hotels usually deduct the points sometimes close to your stay; often after the stay, sometimes slightly before the stay, and occasionally they forget and never do it.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the two separate reservations. I always have the points before booking (or don't book), so I always book everything in one reservation. I presume you can sort that out when you go to the hotel, but I have on experience with doing with BW (and in any case, every BW hotel is independently owned/operated/managed).

You may want to call up BW on the phone and ask about whether you two separate reservations can be combined into one at this point to make it simpler for the hotel to understand.

I've also never booked multiple rooms with BW, so I don't know that all works with BW reward reservations. (I've only booked multiple nights, but one room.)