FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pls assure me I did the right thing in trying to book 2 points nights in Switzerland
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:36 pm
Fredandkell

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold
Pls assure me I did the right thing in trying to book 2 points nights in Switzerland

Hi all, I'm a fairly advanced Marriott and Hilton Honors rewards booker, but the BW site is a bit touchy. This is my first time trying to get free rooms with them so I want to do it right, esp. since it's an international booking.

OK, a few months ago I booked one room at the 32,000 point level. At the time, I had I think 50,000 points. It did not deduct the points from my account. I then read on here that this is normal - BW doesn't usually deduct the points until you stay, right? So I went ahead and booked the second room at the 32,000 point level.

Fast-forward until today - I now have the 64,000+ points that I need to get these two free rooms. Am I correct in that all I have to do now is show up at the Best Western and I'm good? Or, do I also need to order a couple of these Free Night Voucher things from the BW site? Can someone explain to me if a free night voucher is different than an online points reservation, or if it's just step #2 in the online points reservation?

Thanks!