FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Atatürk airport
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:29 am
Basanez

Thank you guys. I called two times and asked on Twitter. One phone rep seemed not very knowledgeable (perhaps just my impression) and she said I had to collect luggage and recheck it. The next rep sounded confident and looked into it and said what you guys said, the two tickets are both in Turkish and the standard procedure is to check the luggage through final destination. The Twitter team also said the same thing. I’ll risk it and run like hell because otherwise I’d waste 5-6 hours I could be in Vienna. If worse comes to show and I have to rebook on my own, I’ve been checking prices for day of departure and they’re about the same as months in advance, less than $100. Heck I’ve connected in CDG Africa to US with 45 minutes and the additional check at the gate so I’ll try my luck.

Extra questions. How much do they charge for 20-30kg one piece of luggage? I did buy their economy promo that’s Max of 15kg.

I see international economy fares are able to select seats within 100 days, and domestic 24 hours in advance. Will they accept payment to select seats in domestic class within 100 days? Just trying to get a seat upfront I guess.

Thank you!