FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Alaska suck now?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:23 pm
jk88usa

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
With all respect to the VX FA's, they got HUGE pay increases and the industries best work rules by way of this merger. Many of them commute to/from their bases and Alaska provides significant protections for commuters. They got job stability that they really didn't have before. They got established work rules that are backed up by a solid contract. But hey, if being cool in their uniform and feeling like they work for a "sexy" airline is more important than I imagine they should find an airline that meets those needs.
Totally agree - and that's why I think it's mutually beneficial for both parties if those who wanted to work for that "sexy" airline part ways with Alaska.

I was simply addressing the "outrage" over how FAs could be bashing a company giving them a pay increase, job security, etc....it's b/c many of them didn't care about that, they cared about working for Virgin and having a unique company to work for... much like you (I hope) and me have reasons we work for the company we do, these folks had their own personal priorities that don't align with Alaska's ... simple as that.