FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:04 pm
unusualtravelblog

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
IC Sandton Towers Johannesburg

IC Sandton Towers Johannesburg

What is your IHG Status?
When I stayed I was Gold Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
King Deluxe Room and was upgraded to King Club IC with lounge access!

How are the rooms?
Very nice. Close to the lounge, spacious, especially the bathroom which has both bath tub and big shower. I had a nice city view too.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very small club lounge but it didn't bother as we were with max. 3 persons in the lounge in the evening. There were a few cold snacks and the waiters offered you the drinks or you could take them yourself, just as you want. He refilled your glass on time and were really caring. He also offered hot snacks too like samosa and meatballs. I really enjoyed, especially because I did not expect an upgrade with complementary club lounge access. During the day day there were only fruits, nuts and drinks.

What was good and what was bad?
Not much bad to say. I was treated like a VIP, it was exactly how a IC should be... Everyone who worked there was so nice, attentive and made sure you were having a good time. I've never experienced such class service before with IC's in Europe. Turn-down service was offered too with a lot of detail. Breakfast was great too. Ambassador gifts were amazing too... most valuable I've ever received. It included a good South African red wine and a large nougat-caramel box. I also received the standard amb. amenties: fruits and water.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I booked the room for about €130-€150 and it was my best IC stay so far (although I'm not that experienced with IC). Club lounge upgrade is AFAIK not common when staying at IC's, especially as a Gold Ambassador so for me it was a great deal. Not planning to return to JNB but if I will I would definitely stay there again.

(If interested: Pictures I took during my stay)

Last edited by unusualtravelblog; Jun 19, 2018 at 8:07 pm Reason: added title