FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Alaska suck now?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:03 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by jk88usa

Know 2 ex-VX folks who are gone now - one a former FA, the other a former gate agent. Both said the same thing: Alaska sucked the fun out of their job and turned it into a very fine line corporate culture.

VX allowed their employees some degree of autonomy and flexibility, and overall encouraged fun - Alaska doesn’t. Not saying that’s wrong, it’s just two completely different corporate cultures and I easily understand why many VX employees either quit or got the axe. People worked for VX for a reason - and they (should) work for any company for a very specific reason and be a good fit ... too often this doesn’t actually happen. Honestly it’s better for both parties that if one doesn’t gel with the company culture, they go find one where they do. Unfortunately the merger created that mess with AS and VX...

hearing this sort of thing from the FAs fully falls in line with those I’ve heard already
With all respect to the VX FA's, they got HUGE pay increases and the industries best work rules by way of this merger. Many of them commute to/from their bases and Alaska provides significant protections for commuters. They got job stability that they really didn't have before. They got established work rules that are backed up by a solid contract. But hey, if being cool in their uniform and feeling like they work for a "sexy" airline is more important to them, then I imagine they should find an airline that meets those needs.

Last edited by AS Flyer; Jun 19, 2018 at 11:31 pm