FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:44 pm
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I recently got my first introduction to the system that MR associates are using. Just like with SPG, an MR associate can tell you exactly what you need to earn lifetime status in that program. So, suffice to say, if an MR associate tells you that you need X years earned elite status and X number of points to go, you can pretty much take that to the bank. Same for SPG when it comes to years of elite status earned and elite qualifying nights. Nevertheless, after August you apparently will be able to review this yourself online by going to My Account.
Hey William, sorry to nitpic, but... you say for MR years and points, but that's not a lifetime qualification in either the old (nights and points) or the new (years and nights) program. So I'm assuming that's just a type/brain bump, and I'm wondering when you say "if an MR associate tells you that you need X", does that apply to the old or to new program? Do the MR reps have access yet to a system that will give a quick yet reliable answer to where we stand for qualification under the rules of the new program?